Monday, May 5, 2008

There's No Place Like Home....

It feels like forever since my last post! I've been so busy working that there hasn't been much to talk about around here. I did however manage to sneak in a VERY quick trip home though! It was so last minute I didn't think I could do it, but I had a voucher for Continental and the tickets weren't so bad so I booked it! I had some really good excuses for going too.
1. My best friend from high school was having her bridal shower
2. My sister, Sydney, was coming home from her first year of college at BYU
3. My other sister, Chelsea, moved to Austin with her husband for work and would be at my parents' house

4. My Aunt Michele was in town

5. Do I actually need any real reasons for going home? I don't think so!

So I only stayed from Saturday to Tuesday, but it was a blast! We didn't do anything in particular, but just spending time with each other was all I cared about.

I surprised Olivia at her shower which was really fun too. I told her I couldn't make it because of work, but then decided to do it anyway! That is definitely one of the great perks of my job. No one really has to know when I'm leaving as long as I can have my cell phone with me AT ALL TIMES! I swear that thing runs my life. So it was a great trip, but even better since my parents will be coming here soon so it wasn't even a sad goodbye. I can't wait to see them again!

12 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad that you got to go home! It looks like you had so much fun. It's always so wonderful to be with the family, especially when you live so far away from them.

Amber said...

Who would have thought that you and Sydney would end up looking so much alike? I can't believe it. I'm glad you got to go home. That's so much fun!

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

I am so sad I missed you! I know it was a quick trip, but it would have been so fun to see you!! Looks like you had a ton of fun! I had no idea you were that close to Chicago. We would have loved to have met up with you guys. We had so much down time to just shop and hang out so it would have been so much fun to see you too!! Jason's company makes an annual trip out every year- I might not make it next year, but probably after that!! Glad you got to go home for a little bit! It is always so nice to do that!

Tiffany said...

How fun! It's always fun to get home, even for a few days. Who is your twin in the green shirt? :)

Sydney said...

It was so much fun having you home!! Come back!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

So I want those pictures so bad! Too bad I left before y'all had all that fun. Love you!

vaclaw family said...

I can't wait to see you for the 4th! You guys are still coming aren't you? You better, my kids miss you and Marcin of course! We got Emilie hooked on the Twilight series, she is now afraid vampires are going to get her in her sleep! Heehee! Can't wait until the 4th book comes in August! Miss you.

vaclaw family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph & James said...

Dude...you seriously need to update your blog. :)

Amber said...

Ditto to the last comment. Come on. Where are you?

casey.chelsea.cali said...

So when are you going to post something new. It's not like your ever busy! I tagged you just to get you going on the new post!

Amber said...

Check out my blog for June 15th. I made a comment just for you! Love ya!