I am not much of a crafter, baker, cleaner.... pretty much anything having to do with being domestic is not really my forte right now. Maybe after I'm done working one day I'll be able to ramp up my homey skills, but for now mommyhood and working full time take just about every minute I've got. I did however manage to start and (mostly) finish one large project: the playroom. Now, I had A LOT of big ideas for this room of our house. All of which were unbelievably unachievable or ridiculous. One that did manage to stick though was a "Rockstar" theme. Noble loves, and I mean LOVES music. This kid can hear a tune from miles away and drop anything to listen to it and dance. He loves hearing daddy on the guitar or mommy playing the piano and will even play a little tune of his own every once in a while (Beethoven in the making, folks). So I wanted his playroom to reflect a little of him and a lot of what mommy wanted (let's be honest, he could care less what I do in there). So the dream of the ultimate "Rocker Room" was born. This project took way too long and caused way too much marital conflict, but in the end I'm really proud of it and glad it's finished, for now. I got the decals on the walls from dalidecals.com and they have some pretty cool ones if you're looking for any. I couldn't ever find a toy box that matched my theme, so I built the boxes and then just made them look like speakers. Eventually I'd like some kind of valance for the windows and a few other little things, but this will have to do for a little while. Thanks to Marcin for not shooting me down immediately when I told him I wanted the room grey, hot purple, and hot green. And I'm so thankful for the late nights he did stay up with me to help (and putting up with my grumpy self the next day). He's a trooper and I love him :).
9 comments:
I'm still incredible impressed by this room! It looks awesome! Seriously a job in carpentry is always a nice back-up :)
LOVE IT!
That is AWESOME! I love it. Way to go Britt.
Whoa, whoa, whoa..hang on. You BUILT those boxes?!?! How on earth?! They are so awesome and the whole room is perfect! I am so impressed. Can I hire you to design Macie's new room? :)
Some day when Noble is a famous musician I will be proud to say I knew his parents! :)
WOW! So, when are you going to come and help me decorate my house? This room looks great! I love it! You definitely need to be proud of yourself. I bet Noble loves it Great job Brittany!
Yep, that's my sister alright!! Proud as ever because who besides someone with true talent could dream up and make those stereo boxes all on her own. And, might I add, never before done any DIY project for a kids playroom, let alone many other DIY projects for any room type. Way to go Brit! I love love love the room and love you too:)
WELL DONE!!! I'm totally loving those record frames especially. Such a darling, creative Mom! You're so much braver than I am.. We "struggle" even just painting a room :)
looks awesome!!!!!
Super cute! I love the speaker/toy storage! Very clever!!
Post a Comment