Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

On Halloween night Marcin and I decided to invite all our great friends over so that everyone's kids could go trick-or-treating together. Really we just wanted everyone to get together and used their kids and the holiday as an excuse! It was a blast! All the kids had great costumes on and it was so fun to get together with a bunch of the podiatry couples. We both feel so blessed to be a part of a school that not only has so many young families and great people, but also because quite a few of them go to church with us as well so we are able to see them on a weekly basis! Marcin and I had so much fun hosting everyone and decorating for the big party. We decorated the garage and had everyone hang out there since our house isn't quite big enough for all those people. Luckily it wasn't too cold and everyone wasn't freezing to death.




Since I don't have kids to dress up, Marcin and I attempted Halloween costumes for ourselves. I had to dress up as a Wizard of Oz character for a work event so I was trying to be a Munchkin. Marcin was a doctor; real original and creative, I know. I think people were a little confused about what I was trying to be, but it was a lot of fun anyway. One little girl asked, "How come your cheeks are so pink?" "Why would you do that?" I thought, oh great, even the little kids aren't amused! We also dressed Lila and Rufus up but forgot to take pictures. I might dress them up again just to have pictures of them and I'll post them later. All in all it was a great Halloween and hopefully we can keep up the tradition of having everyone get together.

8 comments:

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

You guys are too cute!! Love the costumes! Wish we lived closer so we could have celebrated together! We miss you guys!

Lara said...

we had so much fun, the kids keep talking about it. thanks so much...till next year!

Laura said...

That was so much fun! Thanks again for hosting...you did a great job!

Amber said...

SO cute. I love it. Glad you have so many great friends there.

Whitney said...

Yeah! I'm glad we got to see you guys, and i'm glad you have a blog!

Brenda said...

What a fun Halloween! Can't wait to see the pictures of your dogs! Sounds like y'all had a great time. Cant' wait to see you on Thanksgiving!
Love ya,
Mom

Christiansen Clan said...

You guys are awesome! Looks like you had a great time!
--Amy

Christiansen Clan said...

Man, looks like fun guys. Amy and I were just talking about you guys, and thought to see what the latest was on the blog. The party looks like fun. Talk to you soon.
--Brian