1. My parents FINALLY came. We did so much fun stuff together. We went to an Indian's game with some great seats. We took them to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and to Kirtland. And we ate... A LOT. Handel's of course since it's the world's best ice cream (just ask national geographic, that's right) and a bunch of other places. It was so much fun and I can't believe it took them so long to get here! I will say they thought Cleveland was oh so beautiful and to that I say come in February.
2. Chelsea came to visit when my dad left. We surprised my mom and had a really fun girl's weekend. We went shopping, ate some more and just visited. It was so nice to have my family here. I think I forget how much I miss them. I wish they could come out here at least once a month!
3. Let's see.... Marcin and I went to his really good friend, Danen Boyd's, wedding. It was out in Omaha, Nebraska which is about 12 hours away. We looked up plane tickets and it was going to be about $750 for both of us. We figured it would be cheaper to drive and we would get to spend some time together in the car?... not my favorite place though since all I do is drive for work! Anyway, just our luck: we were driving through Iowa when the biggest flood they've had for 500 years hit the eastern side of the state. We first got stuck in it on Thursday night when we had to pull over for the night in Davenport, IA while the WORST thunderstorm I have ever seen was swirling all around us. It was awful. Then on our way home EVERY single highway in all directions but very far South and West were completely shut off. We pulled over in Coralville, IA. I don't know if any of you saw that city on CNN or FOX or whatever, but it is totally under water. we were staying on the other side of the lake so we were fine, but it was a nightmare getting out of there. So our cheaper way of vacationing ended up be way more expensive. It was well worth it to see Danen and Michele and we were so excited to be there for them and see that!
10 comments:
Yay! You guys look like you're having so much fun! I miss you guys tons!!!! Are you going to be in Cleveland for hte 4th?? p.s. you look SMOKIN' w/ bangs!
We are so sad that we weren't able to make it to Omaha for Danen and Michele's wedding. It would have been great to see you guys. Glad you made it back to Ohio safe and sound!
Your family is so nice and I'm glad they were able to come up and spend time with you. Sorry about your long drive, but at least it was interesting enough to post about with all the weather drama! Glad you guys are safe.
Wow you guys have been busy but it has all been fun I can see, well except getting stuck in the bad weather. (Yikes!) I am glad that you family was able to come and visit. I know what you mean I wish my mom could come once a month too. I really miss her and my sisters.
Im glad you FINALLY put something new up... When am I gonna get to come visit? Sounds like yall had tons of fun. I wish I could have been there!
Brittany your blog is the BEST! I think my favorite picture is the one of you and Marcin with the guitar!
Yay!!! So happy to see you've finally updated. I loved reading your tag. It cracked me up. Can't wait to see you!--amy
I really am so glad you followed through with the tag! I don't think I'll send anymore of those though because they're not my favorite to fill out. I do love reading other peoples though. Don't forget to check out the present Casey got me last night!!! Your going to LOVE it!
Hey Brit! Cute blog! I am new to blogging! I am excited to see you at Chelsea's baby shower. She had a blast visiting you! See you soon!
Brittany,
Great Blog. It is really fun seeing what you put on it. Some crazy guy that looks like your dad is on your blog in a hat! haha! Love the new layout! Way to go, Marcin.
Love ya, mom
Post a Comment