Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And the award goes to.....

ME! (for the worst blogger on the planet). I actually have plenty to post about; I'm just lazy! It takes so long to load pictures and then pick the ones I want and then post. Sometimes it's just too much trouble!! I don't know how the rest of you guys keep up with these things!

So it's time for me to post about (ready for the list):Christmas in Texas, New Year's in Oklahoma, and Marcin's birthday. Not too long, but still monumental moments in the Vaclaw household. Christmas in Texas couldn't have been any better unless Chels and Casey could have been there! We missed you guys. We got way too many gifts one of which was a sweet new camera!! We were both spoiled rotten, but I can't act like I don't love it. Here are a few of the pics I have...

my mom's lovely tree


my dad


Marcin the the OU football I got him


mom, sydney, and me


my grandma (with my like 2nd attempt at scrapbooking which was amatuer at best.)


is it weird that he NEVER wants to take a decent picture with me?? it's like i'm forcing/attacking him.


ummm... yeah this is one half of our living room at Christmastime. Now before you judge us, we just REALLY like Christmas and yes it IS possible to understand the true meaning of Christmas while enjoying lots of giving (oh and receiving I guess)!

And onto Bartlesville. We always have the best time with the Vaclaw's. They are the most fun and loving family and we love every chance we get to spend with them. Rock Band and Guitar Hero were definitely the highlights of the trip. I wasn't so good at taking lots of pictures so there's not ONE of any of the sisters (except if they are admiring the Rock Stars). And since we stayed with Brian and Amy I got a few pics of Ellie obsessing over our dogs.


rock band at ryan and julie's (marcin's a groupie)


sam and lorne (and that might be heather behind lorne)


lorne, sam, brian, and marcin - still a groupie


rock band is some serious business


ellie trying to coerce the dogs with food into letting her hold them


ellie at the park (so cute!!)

Marcin's 28th Birthday!! We celebrated at his mom's house with dinner and a cookie cake and then went out with Keith and Hayley on his birthday to The Boneyard to watch Ohio State and Texas play on the mega screens at the restaurant (which I didn't take pictures of).

my aunt dana got us that countdown birthday calendar for christmas and i love it!!! right after marcin opened his presents i switched the numbers for my birthday which on that day was in like 50 days

and his really cool glasses i got him plus the dark knight which i secretly wanted.

So a fantastic December and start to January until these started forming on my house...

duh...duh...duh. Oh how I love Cleveland in the winter....

8 comments:

Amber said...

Hallelujah. You are ALIVE! I need to see more posts to see what is going on in your life. I guess I could always call too. Which I do, somtimes. But not enough. I love you. Glad you had fun.

And yes, the amount of Christmas gifts at your parents house is SICK! Absolutely SICK. But it wouldn't be right if it wasn't that way.

Sydney said...

I am beyond excited for your new (and long awaited) post! I miss you guys and wish we were all hanging out again like at christmas. Tell marcin that the sunglasses look awesome! Miss you guys and love ya!

Whitney said...

that looks like alot of fun... excpet the ice-cicles. josh had the weather for broadview heights saved on "aol weather" so when I brought it up it said it feels like 9 right now! way to cold!

Arkansas Vaclaw's said...

YAY!! You're back!! We had tons and tons of fun with you guys playing rock band and eating, and eating and eating some more!! Love you and miss you! Great pics of the icicles!!

M said...

yay for blogging! actually, you did an awesome job and summing it all up! yay!!! what's hilareous is that i'm getting Dave the Dark Knight for his birthday because I secretly want it as well. lol. so thoughtful.

Brenda said...

Hey, love the pictures and posts! Rock Band at the Vaclaws looks like some kind of fun!!!!! Marcin's sunglasses are very flattering on him!!!!!! Good pick, Brittany.

Looking forward to the next time we see you guys.
Love y'all,
Mom (in Texas)

Hayley said...

hee, hee, hee :) I'm still laughing about Marcin being a groupie in all the Rock Band pictures. What a great trip! Maybe your mom can call my mom and drop some hints on gift giving at Christmas. Oh, and I zoomed up on your awesome scrapbook you did and WHOAH! that was definately NOT amateur- pretty impressive- REALLY!

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

YEA for a new post... and of course all the exciting events that are taking place in the Vaclaw household! Glad to see you guys are doing great! Happy Birthday Marcin!! Can't wait till April!