Friday, September 11, 2009

Bitter-sweet


We were fortunate enough to get to go to the #20 BYU vs. #3Oklahoma football game at the newest football stadium in the country- the Dallas Cowboys' 1.3 Billion Dollar Texas stadium. The Jumbo-tron itself cost $72million. It was one of the best games ever ending 14-13 BYU.
We owe it all to Lorne Vaclaw, who got us great tickets at the stadium!
This is the $1.3 billion dollar view we had from our tail-gate spot


This is Dad's Bus and tail-gating set-up. He's spent months getting ready for this kind of stuff.
We stayed at the Magnolia hotel in downtown Dallas with family and friends. This was such a nice hotel.

We also ate at the #1 steak house in Dallas-"Nick and Sam's" They have delicious steak, bread and sweet potatoe fries. We had a ton of fun, even though the Sooners lost. It was a great experience and we owe it all to our awesome family for making it that way.

5 comments:

M & S Eagar said...

looks like you had a great time. Hey, I just got your Baby Shower invitation in the mail, but sadly due to Mutual I can't make it. Anyhow, I have a gift for you. I'll try to send it with Hayley and/or have Matt track down Marcin at school sometime. Good Luck!

Darin and Shannon said...

I was wondering who you guys would be rootin for :)

Whitney said...

Oh MY GOSH, that must have been the Vaclaw event of a lifetime... BYU vs. Oklahoma. The bus, the whole works. man, that would have been more fun to watch the vaclaws than it would have been to watch the game!

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

WOW! We want to roll with the Vaclaw's during football season! You guys know how to support! However, right color, but wrong team:) Go UTES!! JK- miss you guys already! Luv ya!

Dana said...

I'm behind looking at blogs, but I must say that bus is amazing. What a great job Marcin's dad did with it. Sorry the team lost...but - I won't say it.

love, Aunt Dana